For data protection purposes, GoRunAsia is the controller and, unless otherwise stated, is also the processor of data. Information collected may be retained, stored, processed, accessed, and used in jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home jurisdiction.
By using the Website, you expressly consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree, do not use the Website.
GoRunAsia collects information to understand your needs better. This helps us to improve our services and the way we communicate with you. We understand that privacy is important to you and we strive to be as open and transparent as possible in how we serve you. The Website contains links to other websites for your convenience and information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those sites.
Type of Information Gathered About You
The information gathered when you interact with GoRunAsia falls into two categories:
- Personal information such as emails, names, credit card information and personal preferences, which you supply when you subscribe to newsletters, complete a survey, signup on GoRunAsia, contact us with a question for assistance and register for a race etc.
- Non-personal information collected through technology, which includes tracking information collected by us as well as third parties.
Information Collected by Us Using Technology
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of our sites and services that depend on cookies.
We implement Google Analytics features that use Display Advertising information for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising, to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, by going to the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Use of Your Personal Information
The personal information you submit to us via any method may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Provide the Services You Request. We use the information we gather about you to enable your use of the Website and fulfill your requests for certain services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in surveys, register for races and participate in message boards.
- Statistical Analysis. We perform statistical, demographic and marketing analyses of users of the Website, and their subscribing and race registration patterns, for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base. We use this information for analysis purposes, including analysis to improve customer relationships.
- Customising Your Experience. We use the information that we collect to allow advertising to be targeted to the users for whom such advertising is most pertinent. We also use this information to customise certain features of the Website to provide you with an enhanced experienced based on the type of device you are using to access the Website, and in certain cases, provide you with requested services.
- Relevant Advertising. We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the Website to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads. We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or de-identified form.
- Email Newsletters. GoRunAsia will periodically send you email newsletters about the new running events listed on the Website. Please click HERE for more information about our email policy.
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- We share your information with and otherwise enable third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to collect your information in order to do that work.
- If you enter a promotional events or a contest, we may disclose your personal information to third parties involved in these marketing activities (“Marketing Partners”) to allow them to process the activities and market their products or services to you or for other marketing purposes.
- Event organisers may outsource their event registrations to us. In this case, GoRunAsia may use third parties event registration services (“Registration Partners”). If you register for an event through a Registration Partner, we may disclose your personal information to the Registration Partner to allow them to process the registration for the event.
- We may also use third parties to serve ads on the Sites. Certain third parties may automatically collect information about your visits to our Sites and other websites, your IP address, your ISP, the browser you use to visit our Sites (but not your name, address, email address, or telephone number). They do this using cookies or other technologies. Information collected may be used, among other things, to deliver advertising targeted to your interests and to better understand the usage and visitation of the Website and the other sites tracked by these third parties. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, cookies or other technologies in third party ads
- We share your information with persons or institutions and for such purposes as required under law or by an order of a court, regulatory authority or governmental body.
Newsletters. GoRunAsia offers newsletters to update you on the latest running events added to our calendar. If you no longer wish to receive the newsletters, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each newsletter.
Survey Email. We may invite you to participate in user surveys asking for feedback on GoRunAsia.com, as well as information to better understand our users. User surveys greatly help us to improve our services, and any information we obtain in such surveys will not be shared with third parties, except in aggregate form. If you no longer wish to receive any survey from us, follow the “unsubscribe” instructions located near the bottom of each survey.
Emails From You. If you send us an email, we will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
How do I opt-out? If, at any time, you prefer not to receive any newsletter or surveys from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email. If you experience difficulty with the unsubscribe process, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.